Assistant Trust Manager
Managing the day-to-day running of a portfolio of companies and trusts dealing with a wide variety of tasks which will be of a complex nature you will provide assistance to the Trust Manager in the efficient management of a section and providing technical and managerial support to team members' staff.
You will also work with the rest of the Fiduciary management team to improve profitability limit both Praxis' and clients' exposure to risk and provide a quality service to clients.
- Oversee and manage a book of complex client relationships in accordance with procedures manuals; relevant laws guidelines regulations and codes of practice;
- Manage and maintain client relationships in accordance with KPIs and Praxis standards;
- Assist the Trust Manager in managing the Key Performance Indicators for junior members of the team;
- Assist the junior members of the team with complex aspects of client relationship management making decisions as appropriate including referring matters to the Trust Manager or other Senior Management;
- Assisting with the review of company and trust accounts and any other financial reports;
- Create strong profitable relationships based on mutual respect with clients and a detailed knowledge and understanding of the client's affairs and encourage staff to do likewise;
- Understand the legal and regulatory legislations in Jersey and any other legislation that impacts on the conduct of fiduciary business within the jurisdiction.
- Assess and manage risk situations to avert potential risk issues for both clients and Praxis and to ensure that the assets of both are protected.
The successful candidate will have a general awareness of financial and economic developments globally be alive to changes in the market and identify areas of cross selling across the Group.
As a champion of Praxis' values you will promote a culture of professionalism teamwork and leadership and as required assist with the training and development of team members. With an understanding of how the role of each individual contributes to Praxis' vision you will also participate in the appraisals of staff within their area of responsibility.
Skills and Knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of and a proven track record in offshore fiduciary services
- A proven track record in handling complex offshore fiduciary issues
- A proven track record in client relationship management
- Good interpersonal skills for dealing with staff intermediaries and clients
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Good understanding of financial markets and finances in general
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to assist with the training and development of staff.
- Knowledge of compliance issues and the regulatory framework within which Praxis operates
Five years’ Jersey residency is required for this role, in adherence with the Control of Housing and Work (Jersey) Law 2012.
We aim to view and assess all applications as soon as we can, but please note that we may not be able to get back to you until after the closing date. We do encourage you to apply well in advance to ensure your application is received and we are able to meet with you as soon as possible if you are successful.
Applying with a disability
We are committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
Commitment to diversity
We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. Praxis is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.