Financial Accounting Supervisor
We've an exciting opportunity in our Malta trust office for a detail-oriented and experienced accounting supervisor.
- Taking ownership of the day to day accounting, administration and financial reporting of a
portfolio of clients
- Preparing and reviewing management accounts
- Preparing and reviewing trusts and companies annual financial statements and liaising with the
auditors where applicable
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns
- Assisting with transactions, including set ups and liquidations
- Providing supervision of the work delegated to junior accountants
- Coaching and training junior team members
- Liaising with other offices within the Group
Minimum education / experience
- In possession of a University degree in Accounting or the ACCA / ACA qualification or in the final
stages of obtaining such qualification
- Experience gained ideally through a similar role
- Good communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements under GAPSME, IFRS and FRS 102
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate junior staff
- Ability to mentor and train staff
We aim to view and assess all applications as soon as we can, but please note that we may not be able to get back to you until after the closing date. We do encourage you to apply well in advance to ensure your application is received and we are able to meet with you as soon as possible if you are successful.
Applying with a disability
We are committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
Commitment to diversity
We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. Praxis is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.