Our Private Wealth and Corporate Services team is looking for a junior bookkeeper to work on a variety of client accounts.
Working as part of a team in Malta, you'll also liaise with colleagues across our Group.
Maintaining the general ledger and preparing management accounts, including:
- Posting of cash and journals in the nominal ledgers
Preparing loan interest calculations and reconciling bank and loan accounts
- Reconciliation of bank and other ledger balances
- Assist with the compilation of management accounts
Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements:
- Assist with the transfer of the trial balance information into the financial statements template
- Preparation of trust and company accounts in accordance with applicable legislation as delegated
- Undertake the annual review process of entities for which accounts have been prepared.
- Assisting with auditors’ queries
- Prepare the associated working papers and evidencing balances to the financial statements by the Team Leader
The role also involves liaison with other Group departments and assisting in other duties as and when requested.
Minimum experience / education required
Part qualified ACCA (early stages) or
O-Levels with accounting subjects and relevant bookkeeping/accounting experience
Good communication, organisational and problem solving skills
Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements
A positive ‘can do’ attitude
Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure
Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision
We aim to view and assess all applications as soon as we can, but please note that we may not be able to get back to you until after the closing date. We do encourage you to apply well in advance to ensure your application is received and we are able to meet with you as soon as possible if you are successful.
Applying with a disability
We are committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
Commitment to diversity
We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. Praxis is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.