People Business Partner
Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Southampton
Are you a seasoned HR professional ready to make a significant impact in a dynamic and global organisation? Do you thrive on collaborating with teams, solving complex challenges, and shaping an organisation's people strategy? If so, we invite you to join our team as a People Business Partner at Praxis.
What You'll Do
As a People Business Partner, you will be the linchpin connecting our organization's vision with its people. Your responsibilities will include:
Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to align HR strategies with business goals.
- Provide guidance on people practices, including restructures and succession planning.
- Develop innovative HR solutions to drive business success.
- Act as a coach and feedback provider to enhance business efficiency.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees, addressing queries professionally and confidentially.
- Offer support, advice, and coaching to managers dealing with complex staff issues.
- Conduct investigations, disciplinary actions, and grievances following established policies and procedures.
Talent Management and Development
- Partner with managers to identify, retain, develop, and reward top talent.
- Ensure swift and fair resolution of underperformance issues.
- Define training needs and support staff undertaking professional qualifications.
- Work with leadership to create clear resourcing plans.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to source top talent.
- Participate in second interviews for key roles.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Liaise with the People Operations Team for payroll processing.
- Complete and analyse data for salary surveys, making informed recommendations.
- Provide advice on salary and benefits queries.
- Play a vital role in the annual salary review and promotion process.
Policies and Systems
- Act as a Hub superuser, ensuring accurate and timely updates.
- Work with HR Operations to maintain and embed HR policies.
- Prepare reports and analyse people data and trends as needed.
- Minimum of five years' HR experience.
- CIPD Level 5 qualification.
- Financial services experience in a global organisation preferred.
Skills and Qualities:
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships at all levels.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and confidentiality.
- Outstanding multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Action-oriented with a positive, collaborative approach.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of employment legislation.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional time management and organization.
Why Join Us:
- Be part of a thriving, global organisation with a 50-year legacy.
- Commitment to core values of trust, listening, inspiring, and succeeding together.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Contribute to shaping an Employer of Choice.
If you're ready to embark on a fulfilling journey as a People Business Partner and make a real impact in a dynamic organisation, we want to hear from you.
We succeed together
Commitment to diversity
We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. Praxis is a place where everyone
can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.
Applying with a disability
We are committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Once you get to the
selection stage, please let us know about any adjustments that you may require.
Thank you for your application. We receive a high volume of enquiries and aim to view and assess all
applications as soon as we can. We will do our best to respond to you.
If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to find out more and register your interest in a career with Praxis please complete our speculative enquiry