Senior Tax Administrator
Are you a detail-oriented professional with previous Tax experience? We are looking for someone who is organised and able to work efficiently under pressure within a team spread over a number of jurisdictions with moderate supervision.
The successful candidate will carry out various tasks including the completion of income and corporation tax returns responding to tax queries.
Candidates with either only UK tax experience or offshore trust experience will be considered as training can be given to a candidate who is willing to learn and is a good fit with the team.
- Preparation and assistance with UK and Guernsey tax reporting requirements for trusts and companies including:
- UK corporation tax returns for non UK resident landlord companies.
- UK non-resident capital gains tax returns for trusts
- IHT accounts and returns in respect of ten year anniversaries and capital exit charges
- ATED returns for non-UK resident companies
- Guernsey Income Tax returns
- Prepare calculations of quarterly instalment payments for UK corporation tax for relevant companies.
- Review UK property holding companies to identify if ATED returns required and if any relief is available based on the activity of the company
- Review of trust and company accounts to ascertain the tax position of the entity and the reporting required in the relevant jurisdictions. Provide tax figures for accounts where required.
- Review companies to identify their tax resident jurisdiction and where appropriate perform a review of the company's activities to identify relevant activities for Guernsey tax reporting purposes.
- Preparation of correspondence with settlors and beneficiaries regarding their tax reporting requirements in the UK based on their tax residence and domicile.
- Liaison with other departments within the group and respond to tax queries from administrators
- Review and understand tax advice to ensure that it is implemented correctly
- Provide assistance with the preparation of taxation fee quotes and in the quarterly billing process for all departmental clients
- Provide assistance and training for junior members of staff to develop their working practices and procedures.
- Identify trusts that have a Protected status and ensure that the trustees are aware of issues that may taint the trust on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare detailed calculations of the Relevant Income Offshore Income Gains and Stockpiled Gains of trust structures
Minimum Experience/Education Required:
- Educated to a minimum of A level standard or equivalent
- Minimum of three/five years' relevant experience
- Obtained a relevant tax qualification such as ATT or CTA