We're looking for an experienced, analytical and reliable Trust Manager.
Based in our Malta office, you'll provide overall responsibility for the day-to-day assistance with the management and oversight of a trust administration team's portfolio of clients. This will be a mix of trusts, companies and other structures dealing with a variety of assets including superyachts, aircraft, property, investments and holding companies.
- Ensuring that all procedural manuals, relevant laws, guidelines, regulations and codes of practice are followed in all aspects of the role. i.e. client and non-client related
- Liaising with other departments regarding accounting, taxation and operational matters
- Liaising with clients and intermediaries both by telephone and in writing
- Attending client and intermediary meetings, with the potential of travel
- Assisting team members with queries being encountered and, in the resolution, thereof, by means of a methodical approach
- Acting as ‘B’ signatory for PraxisIFM Trust Limited
- Providing cover for other trust administration team members and managers in times of absence
- Identifying efficiencies and implementing the necessary measures
Minimum experience / education required
Experience in yachting (legal/importation/registration/VAT/cooperation with Transport Malta)
Educated to A level standard, or equivalent
Minimum of five years' relevant experience in the trust and corporate services industries
- Relevant professional qualification i.e. STEP Diploma, CGI Diploma or equivalent
Skills and experience
- Good standard of business writing and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated ability of managing an administration team
- Previous experience of managing own portfolio of clients
- Excellent communication skills and ability to impart knowledge to others, including clients, clients’ advisors and professional intermediaries
- Ability to manage and maintain client relationships in accordance with KPIs and business standards
- Ability to take responsibility for overall work, including work which is delegated to the administration team, as well as the prioritisation of workload and the ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory framework operating in Malta and other territories, including anti-money laundering provisions and relevant fiduciary laws, etc.
- Technical competence in relation to all fiduciary matters including trusts, companies, foundations and other structures
- Excellent critical analysis and problem-solving skills, ability to convey these to the team to improve standard of work and levels of efficiency
- Ability to promptly obtain an overview of a situation and ascertain potential improvement areas and solutions thereon
We aim to view and assess all applications as soon as we can, but please note that we may not be able to get back to you until after the closing date. We do encourage you to apply well in advance to ensure your application is received and we are able to meet with you as soon as possible if you are successful.
Applying with a disability
We are committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
Commitment to diversity
We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. Praxis is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.
Please review our Candidate Fair Processing Notice to see how we protect and manage your submitted data.