Yacht Crew Employment and Payroll Solutions
At Praxis Yacht Services, we pride ourselves on our team's expertise and extensive experience in crew employment, payroll and administration services. Our approach is bespoke, catering to the unique needs of each yacht owner and captain we partner with.
Innovative employment structures
Our innovative approach often involves the use of a protected cell company, where each cell acts as a dedicated employer for your crew, ring-fencing the yacht from an asset-liability perspective.
Tailored to your needs
We offer two comprehensive packages: Crew LITE and Crew Classic, both packages are designed to meet the diverse needs of the yachting community:
- Crew LITE: Focused on essential crew employment support, this package ensures compliance and efficiency in all fundamental aspects of crew management.
- Crew Classic: For those seeking a more extensive range of services, Crew Classic offers additional perks and dedicated assistance, and ensures full compliance with the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC), ensuring a smooth and professional experience.
Both Crew LITE and Crew Classic are designed with flexibility in mind, allowing us to provide a range of solutions that cater to the varying requirements of yacht owners and captains.
Discover more about our Crew Employment & Payroll packages
For detailed information on how our Crew LITE and Crew Classic packages can benefit your yacht management experience, please contact Jordon Martel.
- Monthly payroll & payslips
- Notifications of payslips sent to all crew
- Employment agreements
- Yacht Portal access, including:
- Securely store crew information
- Self-generated crew lists
- Crew Portal access, including:
- Securely store personal data
- Social Security/ pensions deductions & payments
Praxis Yacht Services maintains Maritime Labour Convention compliance by undergoing annual audits conducted by Lloyds Register. This is a crucial requirement for all agents providing employment and payroll in maritime settings.
We use a state-of-the-art, bespoke payroll software system that includes automated salary slips and text message notifications. This gives the crew peace of mind, knowing they have been paid on time, and is particularly useful where they do not have access to online banking while at sea.
We screen all new captains and crew before they come on board. This screening includes qualifications, references, resumés and passports to ensure identity and suitability for the position as well as for the yacht’s operation, flag and insurance.
Crew qualifications often have an expiry date, so it is vital to monitor their validity. Praxis Yacht Services will monitor your crew’s qualifications and notify you of up-and-coming expiration dates to ensure safe manning and compliance.
We can assist with a number of insurance requirements, including the essential employer liability cover.
We are not a regulated provider of insurance services but undertake the placement of insurance as part of our duties when acting in the capacity as directors of a yacht owning company or as the legal employer of crew serving on yachts. Our in-house insurance manager can help ensure owners have comprehensive and cost-effective insurance in place.
Contact our dedicated Yacht Services team and set sail with confidence